...there is a collage of artists I do admire
but will they inspire?
because something tell someone
that true inspiration
will only come from ones own creation
I guess that's why so many are inspired
by their own children...

Friday, March 2, 2012

...I really don't know what else to say...
...I've said all that can be said...
...I've written all my ideas down in journals
that nobody will have read...
...The glory will come in the afterlife, they said...
...And people will recognize your work when you're dead...
...That's not what I wanted to write...
...Then again...
...That's not what you wish you had lived...
...And that's not what I wish I had reread...
...But it's the present thought-dreams
going through my head...
...Hitting this page for me to countlessly re-recite...
...It's time to put this one to bed...
...You recite it
as your kid falls asleep...
...Just because dinner finished hours ago
doesn't mean one can't continue to be fed...
...Feed me your compliments, under the gas
when I'm on my death bed...
...And that'll be the day
my mind 's no longer on the run...
...Unloading that dumptruck
filled with forgotten dreams...
...Leaving today's frost for today's cold ground...
...Burning under another day's sun...
...And that'll be the hymn I hum
as I walk yet run...
...Racing to my old, erasing my young...

No comments:

Post a Comment