...there is a collage of artists I do admire
but will they inspire?
because something tell someone
that true inspiration
will only come from ones own creation
I guess that's why so many are inspired
by their own children...

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hey, Mr. Dylan...
A...hey, Mr. Dylan...
No...a...I don't need an autograph
But I wouldn't mind sharing a laugh
Imagine that
Making him laugh
I'd put that on my resume
Above my GPA...
And the influence of Dylan becomes osmosis
And from Robert Johnson to John Anthony Gillis
become the bookends of my musical collection
And this
Well this
This is the greatest song ever written
Since Bob Dylan wrote "Like A Rolling Stone"
However, that is the past
Let us move on
It's "Blowing in the Wind"
So I try to breathe peacefully
While some say I speak cynically
I promise I'll live respectively
So clap with me
Because this is music
So write with me
Because this is reality...


--

- How many times do I have to say
that I know that you know
in order for both of us to know
that both of us don't know...
...and, on we row...or don't...

--

- Take a picture of me
as I look away
and then look back
with an expression like maybe
you don't know, but I know
what is fact
And, just because
I may lack the skills
to articulate thus
Doesn't mean that
the truth isn't such...

No comments:

Post a Comment