...there is a collage of artists I do admire
but will they inspire?
because something tell someone
that true inspiration
will only come from ones own creation
I guess that's why so many are inspired
by their own children...

Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Book of Just the In-Between Lines

For if I could just find a simple tune
Maybe I’ll find that direction home soon
Maybe if I keep strummin’
Maybe I’ll find somethin’
For I’m not the white Bill Cosby
But I do wanna be somebody
Maybe if I keep strummin’
Maybe I’ll find myself on the “Road to Rocknroll”
Like Joe Strummer
Not likely
But a young mind can wonder
And so I wonder
And so I wonder
And so I wonder
Inhaling this world we live in – through observation
Exhaling through poetry
It has nothing to do with you getting to know or notice me
Because I’ve known myself for 20 plus years now
And just noticed my complexity
Oh geez
Maybe one day I’ll be sober with my insanity
All bound to go crazy
Searchin’ for our great discovery
Like John Nash
Oh where oh where can such be found in this Hocus Pocus land?
If Scorsese can’t show you through a lens
If the latest best-selling John Grisham book can’t show you through his pen
Maybe you’re looking in the wrong places
Ask a friend
It doesn’t matter how many listens
Hendrix can’t bend the rhythm of what you’re livin’
Check the Highlights
Maybe it’s hidden
Because I’ve looked in the books
The lines
All and in-between
But I can’t seem to find what I’m lookin’ for
But music keeps knockin’
And it’s a-knockin’
And it's a-knockin'
And a-knockin’
And a
I think it’s time to open up this door…
And so I ask for...
For was John Lennon singing the soundtrack to my life
when he'd recite - "Who am I supposed to be?"
Now we have this degree
We want to be free
Some got so high on higher education
And now don't know how to just simply be
Well, obviously
So obvious I had to state it was obvious
Why is obvious even a word
If it is, then it just is
Well, obviously
I don't have the answers for me
And, Mr. Lennon certainly doesn't have all the answers for me
But, one thing I do know is
That, I've got this music inside of me
That's creatin' a riot within me
I've got an insecurity that sets my self-esteem on fire
So, I'm gonna continue placing Lennon's words through the wire
Like Cobain's -
"To put out the blowtorch".

No comments:

Post a Comment